One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
phrasal verbNorth American
Think of or about.‘I think on her every day in my prayers’
consider, contemplate, give thought to, entertain the idea of, deliberate about, weigh up, turn over in one's mind, mull over, chew over, reflect on, ruminate about, muse onView synonyms
- ‘He had been bored so he thought on going to visit Carla and Kaze for the weekend.’
- ‘He shook his head, and poured himself another drink, and thought on her last words.’
- ‘As boys came into her mind for a change, she thought on the dark-eyed guy that had been at the stables.’
- ‘Your point should be a revelation to those who would think on what you have said.’
- ‘They both thought on it for several more hours, but neither of them said anything about it.’
- ‘She thought on that for a minute, but the answer had been clear the minute John had asked the question.’
- ‘She thought on this for a moment and looked back up at him with a shy smile.’
- ‘She thought on each and every one of these during the ride home, not speaking a word the entire way.’
- ‘If you ever consider going into business for yourself, think on this.’
- ‘Her annoyance began to grow, and the more she thought on it, the worse it became.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.