One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Under his chairmanship, the club thought big and aimed high - then ultimately fell hard when the dreams failed to come true and the lavish spending off the pitch failed to translate into success on it.’
- ‘I have always thought big and it seems to have paid off.’
- ‘His energy was unflagging, he thought big and bold.’
- ‘It has a wonderful under-age structure and everybody involved in the club thinks big about all issues, always wanting to improve.’
- ‘The logo is the mark of a bank thinking big and growing into an ambitious and resplendent entity.’
- ‘It thinks big, has a vision of the future and measures each step it will take.’
- ‘‘I went in thinking big and the idea got pared down a bit,’ she says.’
- ‘In business terms and culturally we are very similar: a small people thinking big, and I urge any ambitious company to go for it.’
- ‘Donald learned the business from his father, but with a twist: He thought big, very BIG.’
- ‘This gives them a double chance, and must give them the incentive to think big.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.