One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American blackberry or raspberry with thimble-shaped fruit.
Genus Rubus, family Rosaceae: several species, including R. odoratus, which has large, fragrant flowers and unpalatable fruit
- ‘Delicious, dewy-cold thimbleberries were scattered on top.’
- ‘Cloudberry and thimbleberry are harvested from bogs in Quebec for juice and liqueur production.’
- ‘I've been studying them, wondering at the diet of the bear, how he can sustain himself on grasses and what appear to be shoots of thimbleberry and primeval horsetails.’
- ‘Common in the understory are chokecherry, beaked hazelnut, a wild rose, red baneberry, thimbleberry, and bracken.’
- ‘To add to his challenges, Likes must deal with a high volume of brush such as thimbleberry, twinberry, elderberry, and fireweed.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.