One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A boot that reaches to the thigh.‘a pair of black leather thigh boots’
- ‘She recently appeared wearing leather thigh boots and a wedding ring, but nothing else.’
- ‘Clad in sou'wester and thigh boots, his rugged, bearded features are every inch the Victorian lifeboatman.’
- ‘Betsy Johnson highlighted some retro 80s styling with tomahawk hairstyles and over-the-knee thigh boots.’
- ‘If you are a child of the seventies, eighties or nineties then don your flares, mini-skirts, thigh boots and psychedelic shirts and make your way to Abbaesque this Friday night.’
- ‘Other celebrity lots include a snazzy pair of leopard print thigh-high Miu Miu boots worn by Madonna for her 2012 Super Bowl performance and some sexy Manolo Blahnik thigh boots worn by Elle Macpherson on the catwalk.’
- ‘Sadly she isn't wearing thigh boots but knee-high ones with a stiletto heel.’
- ‘I'm not keen on the thigh boots with that outfit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.