One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For the same reason the breed has a tendency to thievishness, even though they really are very teachable and very well know what is right and wrong.’
- ‘At first she could imagine no hope for their fondness for bad wine, their thievishness, their absolute unreliability, their invincible resistance to thrift, cleanliness, and common sense.’
- ‘An old adage says ‘There is honor among thieves;’ and obviously, if there were not, there could be no such thing as organized thievishness, or association in mischief of any sort.’
- ‘He is remarkable for his thievishness and his destructiveness toward small animals.’
- ‘He may be exuberant or even excessive, and this may cause some excitement, but we see nothing of scandal, vice, thievishness or anything of that kind in this card.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.