One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unintelligent; stupid.‘what a thickheaded business decision!’
unintelligent, ignorant, dense, brainless, mindless, foolish, dull-witted, dull, slow-witted, witless, slow, dunce-like, simple-minded, empty-headed, vacuous, vapid, half-witted, idiotic, moronic, imbecilic, imbecile, obtuse, doltishView synonyms
- ‘I've seen the way he looked at you - or are you too thickheaded to notice it?’
- ‘Mike closes his eyes, feeling incredibly thickheaded.’
- ‘Melissa suddenly cursed herself for being so thickheaded.’
- ‘Members of our race are ignorant, stubborn, and thickheaded.’
- ‘I tried getting through to you but you're too thickheaded!’
- ‘Apparently, the thickheaded moron beside me was incapable of keeping his mouth shut.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.