One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dull and stupid.
stupid, unintelligent, ignorant, dense, brainless, mindless, foolish, dull-witted, dull, slow-witted, witless, doltish, slow, dunce-like, simple-minded, empty-headed, vacuous, vapid, half-witted, idiotic, moronic, imbecilicView synonyms
- ‘He was like a thick-witted detective at a crime scene, unable to make sense of clues right before his eyes.’
- ‘He was just being a thick-skulled jock, thinking only of himself and his stupid games.’
- ‘Kay felt inexplicably winded, as if she'd spent the last hour explaining a very simple concept to a very thick-skulled idiot.’
- ‘Karen's not the only person capable of thick-witted cultural cliches: Andrew applies his own deep analysis to Australians.’
- ‘In the game you assume control of a thick-skulled caveman whose main weapon is his large gut.’
- ‘Untangling the story will lead us through a mess of lapdogs, watchdogs, thick-witted cabinet ministers and terror in the Prime Minister's Office.’
- ‘This is a habit I developed surrounded by thick-skulled idiots.’
- ‘It's a sweet, if slightly ridiculous idea, to imagine that a hard-drinking, violent, thick-skulled lout of a father might sit patiently in a class of pashmina-wrapped social workers and listen to a lecture about quality time.’
- ‘I would have clung to his every word, followed him everywhere, grasped those truths that so often got lost on the thick-skulled apostles.’
- ‘At first I thought she was having difficulty reading, semi-literate and thick-skulled as she is.’
- ‘The professor at University of North Carolina demonstrated that she is a thick-skulled elitist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.