One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1(of a process or device) using or involving a relatively thick solid or liquid film.‘a thick-film coating system’
- ‘The mechanism of solid-film lubrication is essentially the same as that of thick-film lubrication, except that the lubricant is a solid substance.’
- 1.1Electronics Denoting a miniature circuit or device based on a metal film.‘a thick-film resistor’
- ‘They have been used to make heaters by scree- printing thick-film resistive elements on the insulated areas for the last ten years.’
- ‘Compared to printed circuit boards, which are much more common, thick-film technology exhibits outstanding thermal, chemical and mechanical stability.’
- ‘A suite of equipment is available for the laboratory-scale preparation of thick-film ceramics.’
- ‘The thick-film resistor is manufactured in a 16-step process.’
- ‘Samples and production quantities of the new thick-film power resistor are available now, with lead times of six to eight weeks for larger orders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.