One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1(of a process or device) using or involving a relatively thick solid or liquid film.‘a thick-film coating system’
- ‘The mechanism of solid-film lubrication is essentially the same as that of thick-film lubrication, except that the lubricant is a solid substance.’
- 1.1Electronics Denoting a miniature circuit or device based on a metal film.‘a thick-film resistor’
- ‘They have been used to make heaters by scree- printing thick-film resistive elements on the insulated areas for the last ten years.’
- ‘A suite of equipment is available for the laboratory-scale preparation of thick-film ceramics.’
- ‘Samples and production quantities of the new thick-film power resistor are available now, with lead times of six to eight weeks for larger orders.’
- ‘Compared to printed circuit boards, which are much more common, thick-film technology exhibits outstanding thermal, chemical and mechanical stability.’
- ‘The thick-film resistor is manufactured in a 16-step process.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.