One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To this end, focusing on increasing your thaumaturgic power will also help you to increase your theurgic power.’
- ‘As Moshe Idel puts it, the theurgic mystic ‘becomes a cooperator not only in the maintenance of the universe but also in the maintenance or even formation of some aspects of the Deity.’’
- ‘I mentioned on this thread the relationship of the Goetia to both the Greco-Roman & Arabic magical traditions and it might be useful to investigate the manner in which conjurations were structured in say, the theurgic tradition.’
- ‘The rituals of Leviticus have no theurgic or magical power, but neither are they meaningless: they symbolically teach the Israelite his or her proper place in God's world.’
- ‘Even traditions with heavy theurgic elements don't need to be ‘mystic’.’
- ‘For instance, sympathetic magic or theurgic magic could be thought of as analogous to painting and sculpture; what you do remains the same, but the materials you use and the style you adopt can differ greatly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.