One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Electrical activity observed in the brain under certain conditions, consisting of oscillations (theta waves) with a frequency of 4 to 7 hertz.
- ‘The new development is that scientists have discovered that increased theta wave activity also enhances performance skills including musical understanding, imagination, and communication with the audience.’
- ‘Eminent creative individuals in various fields report trying a host of techniques to capture theta wave activity, including meditation, keeping a lighted ink pen at bedside, and so forth.’
- ‘EEG theta waves are also prominent in deep states of meditation.’
- ‘In addition, there was an increase in theta waves in the front of the brain.’
- ‘For example, often there is cortical inhibition, as evidenced by very slow EEG theta waves.’
- ‘All 10 patients had frontal-temporal theta wave activity, which indicated diffuse changes characteristic of metabolic encephalopathy.’
- ‘Significant slowing of brain wave activity, i.e., increased theta wave activity, was observed on EEG. Memory testing suggested increased errors of commission.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.