One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Electrical activity observed in the brain under certain conditions, consisting of oscillations (theta waves) with a frequency of 4 to 7 hertz.
- ‘All 10 patients had frontal-temporal theta wave activity, which indicated diffuse changes characteristic of metabolic encephalopathy.’
- ‘Eminent creative individuals in various fields report trying a host of techniques to capture theta wave activity, including meditation, keeping a lighted ink pen at bedside, and so forth.’
- ‘For example, often there is cortical inhibition, as evidenced by very slow EEG theta waves.’
- ‘EEG theta waves are also prominent in deep states of meditation.’
- ‘The new development is that scientists have discovered that increased theta wave activity also enhances performance skills including musical understanding, imagination, and communication with the audience.’
- ‘Significant slowing of brain wave activity, i.e., increased theta wave activity, was observed on EEG. Memory testing suggested increased errors of commission.’
- ‘In addition, there was an increase in theta waves in the front of the brain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.