One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Movement of an organism towards or away from a source of heat.
- ‘If its new role holds up, it will be the first time a temperature-sensing protein has been implicated in mediating thermotaxis in animals.’
- ‘‘I would stop short of concluding that the data provide strong proof for the existence of thermotaxis in rabbit sperm,’ she says.’
- ‘Unlocking the physiological significance of thermotaxis in E. coli remains a challenge, particularly because of the many environmental niches where this bacterium can be found.’
- ‘My lab uses thermotaxis, directed migration guided by differences in temperature, to study this fundamental question.’
- ‘Using chemotaxis and thermotaxis as behavioral paradigms, neural plasticity including learning and memory can be studied genetically in C. elegans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.