One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a substance) not readily destroyed or deactivated by heat.
- ‘There are even more indications that it is a thermostable protein.’
- ‘Consequently, the gene products recovered from this genome are expected to be extremely thermostable, or heat-tolerant.’
- ‘These are extremely interesting from the biotechnological point of view, and thermostable enzymes from bacillus species are particularly important in the production of corn syrups and dextrose.’
- ‘The altered allele produces an enzyme that is less thermostable and has 60% lower activity than the common allele.’
- ‘The production and distribution of modified, thermostable, brightly fluorescent GFPs (green fluorescent proteins) suitable for expression in plant cells has stimulated many experiments with plant systems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.