One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Meanwhile, Earth-dwelling extremophile microorganisms, both thermophilic (heat-loving) and psychrophilic (cold-loving), are variously adapted to temperatures that would fry us or freeze us.’
- ‘Here, I compared sequences from the mesophilic bacterium Deinococcus radiodurans, whose genome has been completely sequenced, with Thermus thermophilus, a thermophilic bacterium that is related to Deinococcus.’
- ‘Yeates and colleagues have considerably advanced our understanding of how proteins withstand and function at high temperatures via stabilizing disulfide bonds in these thermophilic organisms.’
- ‘Understanding the structural basis for the enhanced stability of proteins from hyperthermophilic organisms relative to their mesophilic and thermophilic counterparts is a highly relevant but complex and challenging problem.’
- ‘These newer polymerases have been isolated from a diverse variety of thermophilic organisms and show different enzymatic properties.’
- ‘Farmer's lung disease is a hypersensitivity pneumonitis caused by the inhalation of thermophilic actinomycetes that grow in moldy hay or straw.’
- ‘There has been a growing interest in understanding the stabilization of proteins from these organisms, especially those from thermophilic bacteria.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.