Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
For that reason; consequently.‘he was injured and therefore unable to play’
for that reason, consequently, so, as a result, as a consequence, hence, thus, accordingly, then, that being so, that being the case, on that accountergowhencewherefore, thenceView synonyms
- ‘My greatest criticism of this film is that it has no context and therefore no meaning.’
- ‘The choice was therefore to leave a murderous dictator in power or to remove him by force.’
- ‘The use of a celebrity to give a brand name to a book, or series of books, is therefore a smart move.’
- ‘It was therefore no wonder that bribery was reported to be common among the judiciary.’
- ‘I tried to tell her that the words made little sense and therefore lacked any depth.’
- ‘Our task as Christians is therefore to show love to other people in every single action.’
- ‘The watchdog is therefore urging borrowers to act now if they think they may have a problem.’
- ‘It is therefore our moral duty to get rid of him before he murders more of his own people.’
- ‘In this case the judge says we should not enforce the parish law and therefore we won't.’
- ‘Anyone who tries to hold them to account, therefore, is held to be a bigot or racist.’
- ‘Each owner had a say in the design and therefore no house is quite the same as the next.’
- ‘It is therefore a surprise to read some of the comments made at last Monday's meeting.’
- ‘It was therefore the first part of that country to have contacts with the outside world.’
- ‘We should therefore discuss how much I am willing to pay for what you are prepared to do.’
- ‘There are therefore reasons for the historical work now being done in these fields.’
- ‘There is always some bad news somewhere and therefore always a reason not to invest.’
- ‘The Scot has therefore taken a decision which he thinks will make or break his career.’
- ‘It therefore seems that cannabis is not a major contributor to accidents on the roads.’
- ‘It therefore contains, trapped in its ice, almost as much water as there is in that sea.’
- ‘Her daughter Alice is still missing and an inquest on her cannot therefore be held.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.