One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
It is impossible not to recognize someone or something.‘there's no mistaking that voice’‘there was no mistaking her sincerity’
- ‘They are few and small, only two inches in diameter, but there is no mistaking them.’
- ‘For a manager charged with taking his team to the knockout stages of the Champions League, there is no mistaking the modesty of his resources, although there are those who would question his use of them.’
- ‘Quaint, and sort of touristy as it may be, there is no mistaking it for anything but a railroad town.’
- ‘But there is no mistaking her academic prowess now.’
- ‘I have never heard my grandfather's herald voice before, but there is no mistaking it.’
- ‘It may be that he finds himself relying on his two most physical strikers, but there is no mistaking his desire to field a more creative talent.’
- ‘The girls are not identical, but there is no mistaking them for twins with their similar frames and blonde hair.’
- ‘At first glance, there is no mistaking the scenes are from some of the most famous movies in history.’
- ‘But, as she reads the Braille inscription on it there is no mistaking her pride.’
- ‘But whatever the detail, there is no mistaking the fact that vodka is booze - hard liquor, as the Americans like to call it - that you drink for the effect rather than the taste.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.