One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
There is mutual dislike between (the people mentioned)‘there's no love lost between Scott and me’
- ‘There is not much love lost between the competitors.’
- ‘‘There is certainly no love lost between the two teams,’ he said.’
- ‘There was not much love lost between the two cities, and that intense civic pride was reflected by local radio.’
- ‘There is often little love lost between lawyer and defendant especially if the client goes to jail.’
- ‘Certainly there will be no love lost between not only the players of these two clubs, but also between the two teams' coaching staffs.’
- ‘The fact that there is no love lost between champion and contender has added spice to their battles in recent years; they respect each other, of course, but that's about the limit of their mutual feelings.’
- ‘There is little love lost between the former monopolist and the new competitors.’
- ‘There's obviously no love lost between Eddie and Tim.’
- ‘These nations have a long history of warfare and there is little love lost between any of them.’
- ‘There is little love lost between them, although mutual respect burns strongly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.