One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
There is mutual dislike between (the people mentioned)‘there's no love lost between Scott and me’
- ‘There is often little love lost between lawyer and defendant especially if the client goes to jail.’
- ‘There's obviously no love lost between Eddie and Tim.’
- ‘There was not much love lost between the two cities, and that intense civic pride was reflected by local radio.’
- ‘These nations have a long history of warfare and there is little love lost between any of them.’
- ‘There is little love lost between the former monopolist and the new competitors.’
- ‘Certainly there will be no love lost between not only the players of these two clubs, but also between the two teams' coaching staffs.’
- ‘‘There is certainly no love lost between the two teams,’ he said.’
- ‘There is little love lost between them, although mutual respect burns strongly.’
- ‘There is not much love lost between the competitors.’
- ‘The fact that there is no love lost between champion and contender has added spice to their battles in recent years; they respect each other, of course, but that's about the limit of their mutual feelings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.