One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An amusement park with a unifying setting or idea.
- ‘The mall leads to an outdoor area, with cafes, a mini theme park, and escalators.’
- ‘The turning point came when he took his children to a theme park and discovered that he was too big for the rides.’
- ‘The theme park will help the town improve its environment and infrastructure and push up land prices.’
- ‘But dwindling crowds and a lack of repairs could mean the theme park's end.’
- ‘The theme park expects mainland tourists to account for a third of that figure.’
- ‘You can build roads and houses on it and, with a few adjustments, the rest will make a weekend theme park for city-dwellers.’
- ‘The last news item on the car radio as we turned off the Elgin road was about plans to turn the former monastery at Fort Augustus into a theme park.’
- ‘So why, then, have they just opened a theme park devoted to the unexplained by the resort of Interlaken?’
- ‘Ever been to a theme park and thought that you could do better?’
- ‘She decided to enter a national singing competition organised by a theme park in Southport.’
- ‘This is a place for an escape, so don't expect any flashy evening entertainment or a theme park around the corner.’
- ‘This is is a theme park with a difference.’
- ‘Insiders have revealed that the company has abandoned its plan to build a theme park in the city.’
- ‘The Disneyland theme park on the island is at its final stage of construction and is due to open in July next year.’
- ‘The automotive theme park in nearby Flint closed recently, just as the motor plants did before it.’
- ‘Which is why you should feel no shame in packing them off to a theme park.’
- ‘The venue was Futuroscope, a space-age theme park near Poitiers.’
- ‘Also near Kristiansand is a zoo, although it's more of a theme park.’
- ‘They come to a theme park and that's what they ask for, so that's what we supply.’
- ‘The group had a full day exploring the theme park, and on Sunday morning breakfasted with Disney characters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.