One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A catalogue giving the opening themes of works as well as their names and other details.
- ‘Neukomm's compositions (listed in his own thematic catalogue) include operas, masses, chamber music, and a Symphony in E performed in London in 1831 by the Philharmonic Society.’
- ‘If there is a completed Collected Edition for that composer, a thematic catalogue may not be necessary.’
- ‘All of the incipits in the thematic catalogue are available on CD.’
- ‘One has only to glance at the contents page to realise that this is not just a thematic catalogue.’
- ‘The thematic catalogue is a powerful research and bibliographic tool.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.