One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
You are in a position to take the opportunities that life has to offer.‘I can do anything I want to, the world's my oyster’
- ‘If you decide to travel, the world is your oyster.’
- ‘Once you've completed your training you can begin to hone your creative talents, and the world is your oyster.’
- ‘If it is to be a summer border, full of foliage and flower in a sunny and sheltered spot, the world is your oyster.’
- ‘When the world is your oyster, you surely have a better chance of finding a pearl.’
- ‘If you're traveling on your own, the world is your oyster.’
- ‘‘When you're young, you think the world is your oyster,’ says Grand-Maitre, looking back.’
- ‘Well, becoming a medic or vet might be a push, but otherwise, as I've mentioned before, the world is your oyster.’
- ‘The world seemed to be their oyster, particularly as second album, Utopia Parkway, found its way onto several year end best of lists.’
- ‘If you win, the world is your oyster.’
- ‘Then, who knows where the night will take you… maybe Beach Street, or the Bahama Hut… the world is your oyster!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.