One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
You are in a position to take the opportunities that life has to offer.‘I can do anything I want to, the world's my oyster’
- ‘If it is to be a summer border, full of foliage and flower in a sunny and sheltered spot, the world is your oyster.’
- ‘Then, who knows where the night will take you… maybe Beach Street, or the Bahama Hut… the world is your oyster!’
- ‘Well, becoming a medic or vet might be a push, but otherwise, as I've mentioned before, the world is your oyster.’
- ‘‘When you're young, you think the world is your oyster,’ says Grand-Maitre, looking back.’
- ‘If you decide to travel, the world is your oyster.’
- ‘If you're traveling on your own, the world is your oyster.’
- ‘When the world is your oyster, you surely have a better chance of finding a pearl.’
- ‘Once you've completed your training you can begin to hone your creative talents, and the world is your oyster.’
- ‘The world seemed to be their oyster, particularly as second album, Utopia Parkway, found its way onto several year end best of lists.’
- ‘If you win, the world is your oyster.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.