One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
We believe a thing because we wish it to be true.
- ‘It seems with England that the wish is father to the thought while the Australians see what they have at their disposal and work from there.’
- ‘Well, sometimes the wish is father to the thought.’
- ‘So often on both sides the wish is father to the thought.’
- ‘I'm confident the war won't last much longer dearest and not merely because the wish is father to the thought.’
- ‘Where the wish is father to the thought such logic is convincing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.