One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The upper classes.‘a sort of trade school for the upper crust’
- ‘If the beginnings of sport on skis are to be found among the upper crust, skiing is today largely a bourgeois sport.’
- ‘They range from the downright common to the ultimate upper crust in Paul's eyes, and with every sketch the audience hugged itself with glee.’
- ‘Even after Blair's reforms, the upper chamber is still distinctly upper crust.’
- ‘Offering a new high to pub-hoppers is the exclusive upper crust joint, ‘Bottles and Chimney’ that opened at Begumpet.’
- ‘They are the upper crust of the middle class, educated and ideological (if not idealistic). The novel opens just after a ‘revolution’ has stormed through Chelsea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.