One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Television as a medium.‘transplanting the timeless values of good literature to the small screen’‘his own career as an actor began on the small screen’
- ‘Part of Dixon's mythical appeal, perhaps, was his resurrection on the small screen.’
- ‘But bringing the play to the small screen was dynamite.’
- ‘‘It was frank, a new voice on tv,’ she says of the series that made her a small screen icon.’
- ‘It brought science fiction to the small screen for the first time and its eponymous lead character became the UK's first TV hero.’
- ‘New Zealand looks like Brazil, and the beasts are the best ever on a small screen.’
- ‘Rather annoyingly, both big and small screen forms tend to portray the conflict from a Royalist perspective.’
- ‘Knowing that a single movie would be unable to accommodate the tale he had in mind he eventually turned to the small screen as a way to realise his vision.’
- ‘While his Shylock is somewhat broad for the small screen, it provides a tantalising glimpse of how it might have come across in the theatre.’
- ‘Despite his small screen success, Frears regarded television as primarily a writer's medium.’
- ‘Fortunately for the show's producers, it seems that even successful entrepreneurs cannot resist the lure of small screen fame.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.