One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Television as a medium.‘transplanting the timeless values of good literature to the small screen’‘his own career as an actor began on the small screen’
- ‘While his Shylock is somewhat broad for the small screen, it provides a tantalising glimpse of how it might have come across in the theatre.’
- ‘Despite his small screen success, Frears regarded television as primarily a writer's medium.’
- ‘Knowing that a single movie would be unable to accommodate the tale he had in mind he eventually turned to the small screen as a way to realise his vision.’
- ‘Fortunately for the show's producers, it seems that even successful entrepreneurs cannot resist the lure of small screen fame.’
- ‘But bringing the play to the small screen was dynamite.’
- ‘It brought science fiction to the small screen for the first time and its eponymous lead character became the UK's first TV hero.’
- ‘‘It was frank, a new voice on tv,’ she says of the series that made her a small screen icon.’
- ‘Rather annoyingly, both big and small screen forms tend to portray the conflict from a Royalist perspective.’
- ‘New Zealand looks like Brazil, and the beasts are the best ever on a small screen.’
- ‘Part of Dixon's mythical appeal, perhaps, was his resurrection on the small screen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.