One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Christian tradition) the sins of pride, covetousness, lust, anger, gluttony, envy, and sloth.
- ‘This claim is especially important with respect to anger, because within Christian circles, anger is identified as one of the seven deadly sins, and because as a culture, we often fear anger as the antithesis of love.’
- ‘The seven deadly sins and their antitheses, the four cardinal virtues and three heavenly graces, provide the book's organising principle.’
- ‘Given the choice, if you were to add another sin to the existing seven deadly sins, which of the following would you choose?’
- ‘Which of the seven deadly sins does he think the average politician would be most susceptible to?’
- ‘I am quite certain that neither my husband nor I have ever lectured John on the seven deadly sins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.