One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Christian tradition) the sins of pride, covetousness, lust, anger, gluttony, envy, and sloth.
- ‘This claim is especially important with respect to anger, because within Christian circles, anger is identified as one of the seven deadly sins, and because as a culture, we often fear anger as the antithesis of love.’
- ‘Which of the seven deadly sins does he think the average politician would be most susceptible to?’
- ‘I am quite certain that neither my husband nor I have ever lectured John on the seven deadly sins.’
- ‘Given the choice, if you were to add another sin to the existing seven deadly sins, which of the following would you choose?’
- ‘The seven deadly sins and their antitheses, the four cardinal virtues and three heavenly graces, provide the book's organising principle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.