One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Everest has been climbed by more than 1,300 men and women, including nearly 80 Japanese, since Hillary and Tenzing first set foot on the roof of the world.’
- ‘Tourism is an important part of Nepal's economy and Sagarmatha National Park is a popular destination, with people drawn to the roof of the world.’
- ‘Comprising two of Asia's major mountain ranges, the mountains of Central Asia were known to early Persians as the roof of the world.’
- ‘Get up onto the roof of the world, they don't get bigger than the High Himalayas, and all the rest of life just seems to fall into place around you.’
- ‘Hillary's memory remains crystal clear about what they endured during that final push to the top on May 29, 1953, which resulted in his becoming the first person in history to stand on the roof of the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.