One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thing that is absolutely genuine or authentic.‘you've never been in love before, so how can you be sure this is the real thing?’
- ‘The fact is that he has never seen the real thing, and does his best to produce a substantial dish.’
- ‘Having written a soundtrack for films that have never been made, it only made sense for him to take a crack at the real thing.’
- ‘Would you feel as comfortable wearing a counterfeit expensive watch as the real thing?’
- ‘We opted for the real thing and settled down for an evening of sea shanties and claustrophobia.’
- ‘You can sample the real thing in any bar as joints are hung above the counter waiting to be sliced up into tapas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.