One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The largest part of something.
most, the majority, the larger number, the larger part, the greater number, the greater part, the best part, the better part, the main part, more than half, the bulk, the preponderanceView synonyms
- ‘Bobby gets the lion's share of the book, close to 300 pages.’
- ‘It's their intellectual property; they've generated the hype, so they feel they deserve the lion's share of the profits.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the United States must share the lion's share of the burden for now.’
- ‘How can we possibly be losing out when we get the lion's share?’
- ‘It generated more than the lion's share of news headlines this weekend.’
- ‘And yet it has been the market, not public funding, that has generated the lion's share of successful cultural mixing in the arts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.