One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The countries of the world considered collectively.‘the policy led to widespread condemnation from the international community’
- ‘He underlined that the challenge was not simply to Britain and America but to the whole international community.’
- ‘It's time to let the international community know that Canada is taking a stand, he said.’
- ‘The inquiry needs to stick to presenting the facts if it is to maintain credibility in the international community.’
- ‘The UN is the international community's ultimate legal forum, but the techniques are the same.’
- ‘Now is the time for the international community to show its worth.’
- ‘The resignation did not come out of the blue, but it still sent shockwaves through the international community.’
- ‘Political pressure from the international community is needed to help the situation.’
- ‘Further action must only be taken if it receives the support of the international community.’
- ‘People smuggling is a crime that the international community needs to combat.’
- ‘The international community is preparing to impose punitive sanctions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.