One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The countries of the world considered collectively.‘the policy led to widespread condemnation from the international community’
- ‘Political pressure from the international community is needed to help the situation.’
- ‘He underlined that the challenge was not simply to Britain and America but to the whole international community.’
- ‘Now is the time for the international community to show its worth.’
- ‘It's time to let the international community know that Canada is taking a stand, he said.’
- ‘The international community is preparing to impose punitive sanctions.’
- ‘The resignation did not come out of the blue, but it still sent shockwaves through the international community.’
- ‘Further action must only be taken if it receives the support of the international community.’
- ‘The UN is the international community's ultimate legal forum, but the techniques are the same.’
- ‘People smuggling is a crime that the international community needs to combat.’
- ‘The inquiry needs to stick to presenting the facts if it is to maintain credibility in the international community.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.