One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
All the details.
details, particulars, facts, features, points, characteristics, traits, nuts and bolts, particularitiesView synonyms
- ‘So he'll be able to get you up to speed on Wednesday and explain all the ins and outs of it as the results come in Thursday evening.’
- ‘They got together with a collective of media professionals and taught themselves the ins and outs of radio production.’
- ‘We outline each exercise in detail and walk you through the ins and outs of your training, week by week.’
- ‘I think in the past a lot of these operations were done unnecessarily perhaps, although I don't know the ins and outs of the cases myself.’
- ‘She also wants residents to learn the ins and outs of housing and benefit schemes, and to impart their wisdom to fellow prisoners.’
- ‘Without knowing the ins and outs of the legislation, I am broadly in favour of unions, and of not sacking people without a reason.’
- ‘Bear with me as I continue to learn about the ins and outs of blog design.’
- ‘Without going into all the ins and outs of the story, Dean seems to have played it by the book at every point.’
- ‘Whatever the ins and outs of it, everyone has known the documents were bogus for at least four months.’
- ‘It would take pages and hours for me to go into the ins and outs of the Irish literary canon, so I'll leave it at that for now.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.