One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The academic world.‘younger men lured from the groves of Academe’
- ‘She moved from the groves of Academe to the National Security Council in 1989.’
- ‘It is also precisely what we need to sustain us during our sojourn in the groves of Academe.’
- ‘At the same time, it began entering the groves of academe.’
- ‘When not sweating in the groves of Academe, he's busy writing a fine blog devoted to ‘Exploring migrants, exiles, expatriates, and out-of-the-way peoples, places, and times, mostly in the Asia-Pacific region.’’
- ‘Or maybe in the groves of academe, not all offensive speech is created equal.’
- ‘But the biggest threat lurks in the leafy groves of academe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.