One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Those who hear in his admonitions the voice of the Good Shepherd will accept rebuke with joyful gratitude.’
- ‘Through his meditation, John came to see Jesus as the Bread of Life, the Good Shepherd, and the Light of the World - all of the messages that made their way into the gospel that bears his name.’
- ‘It is for people who commit themselves to following the lead that Jesus, the Good Shepherd, gives.’
- ‘This typical Roman bucolic subject was, of course, adapted by early Christian artists to portray Christ the Good Shepherd.’
- ‘This is a heart-warming and informative little book - it throbs with the author's love of the Good Shepherd, and is richly illuminated by the author's own knowledge of sheep.’
- ‘And this way he became one with Christ, the Good Shepherd who loves his sheep.’
- ‘Let us allow the Good Shepherd to care for us and through us to bring God's love to others in the world.’
- ‘The text that was assigned to me at the enthronement in the evening was this very text about the Good Shepherd, and it was wonderful.’
- ‘In these cases, he urged the superiors to follow the example of Jesus the Good Shepherd, who left ninety-nine of his flock on the mountains to go in search of the one sheep that had strayed.’
- ‘There is something to be said for being gathered rather than founded; and to be gathered together by the Good Shepherd, who knows us by name, and who protects us as the shepherd and guardian of our souls, is a cause for thanksgiving.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.