One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On the other hand, various religious groups have used the Good Book and their own commentaries and other writings to foster alternative views of truth.’
- ‘Some offer summaries of the various biblical books and include essays or devotionals written by a variety of black authors on how to apply the Good Book's principles to the problems of modern life.’
- ‘However, I won't pretend to be a scholar of the Good Book - I don't read the Bible half as much as I should.’
- ‘It still hurt when he smiled but he did anyway - it seemed so absurd that James of all people would be reading the Good Book.’
- ‘The Good Book finds new niches: specialty editions of the bible for African Americans and youth are reaping rewards for publishers.’
- ‘This week marks the 400th anniversary of the commissioning of the King James Bible, the first authorised version of the Good Book to be rendered in plain English.’
- ‘I try to do what the Good Book says and ‘turn the other cheek,’ but I'm not sure how much more I can take.’
- ‘You see, since so many other sources of inspiration turned into blind alleys, I consulted that fount of ancient wisdom, the most-quoted tome of all time, the Good Book itself.’
- ‘Like the Good Book says, ‘Seek, and ye shall find’ - Matthew 7:7.’
- ‘But there's a lot more here, and the main theme, one of forgiveness, is as potent a moral as you'll find in the Good Book.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.