One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
There will be serious or violent trouble.‘you're feeling decidedly neurotic and this might well lead to frustration where the fur may fly’
- ‘She expects that the fur will fly (but only figuratively, for sure) at Princeton, and right away she offers her view on one subject on the agenda.’
- ‘No formal action has yet been taken, but if the case goes to court, friends predict, the fur will fly.’
- ‘As I said, we're normally quite conciliatory… but back us into a corner and the fur will fly.’
- ‘An arched tail with the fur fluffed means ‘this is my territory - hang around and the fur will fly!’’
- ‘When America's most powerful female political commentator notes that female submissiveness is the new sexy, then inevitably the fur will fly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.