One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The non-communist countries of the world, as formerly opposed to the Soviet bloc.
- ‘If the president of the United States really does think he's the leader of the free world, then the free world should have a say in who gets the job.’
- ‘Whether you're running for a local council or to lead the free world, it seems the lessons are the same.’
- ‘Our nation and the rest of the free world have traveled far too long down the wrong road.’
- ‘Our candidate is a good and decent man who has trained all his life to be the leader of the free world.’
- ‘It was rightly condemned in the free world, leading to sanctions and boycotts.’
- ‘It was a contest of conviction, of whether the free world was prepared to protect and encourage democratic values.’
- ‘The stakes for the security of the free world are too high.’
- ‘There are many politicians in the free world who favor seemingly pragmatic cooperation with repressive regimes.’
- ‘The age-old debate on censorship in the so-called free world has returned to the headlines.’
- ‘After 12 years of defiance, he refused to comply with the demands of the free world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.