One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something that is complete and ready for use.‘the ground is beginning to look like the finished article’
- ‘He said he would like to come back and see the finished article, and we will certainly be inviting him to do that.’
- ‘The superimposed computer-generated image above shows what the finished article might look like. Plans and drawings are included in the price.’
- ‘Every child had a hand in either designing or painting the finished article, made possible through support from the York Community Pride Challenge Fund and the Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust.’
- ‘You may not be able to see the finished article until later but when you do it is exactly what you wanted.’
- ‘Jason was outstanding then, and although he would be the first to acknowledge that he is not yet the finished article, I have no doubt that he can go on to become it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.