One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something that is complete and ready for use.‘the ground is beginning to look like the finished article’
- ‘The superimposed computer-generated image above shows what the finished article might look like. Plans and drawings are included in the price.’
- ‘Every child had a hand in either designing or painting the finished article, made possible through support from the York Community Pride Challenge Fund and the Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust.’
- ‘Jason was outstanding then, and although he would be the first to acknowledge that he is not yet the finished article, I have no doubt that he can go on to become it.’
- ‘He said he would like to come back and see the finished article, and we will certainly be inviting him to do that.’
- ‘You may not be able to see the finished article until later but when you do it is exactly what you wanted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.