One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The more complex or detailed aspects of.‘he went on to discuss the finer points of his work’
- ‘He had to know the finer points of how to get a web site noticed.’
- ‘I doubt that he knows the finer points of what's proper or not proper.’
- ‘Now their only problem might come from itinerant lawyers wanting to discuss the finer points of local corporate law.’
- ‘When he asks why she is in therapy, she blithely professes ignorance and discusses the finer points of gourmet cooking.’
- ‘After all, the finer points of fiscal autonomy are not generally discussed down the local bar.’
- ‘More than 20 people learned the finer points of photography on a Greenough river cruise yesterday.’
- ‘They hope to bring out a magazine, which will update women about the finer points of combining the microwave and gas-stove cookery.’
- ‘I was discussing the finer points of impeachment, and votes of no confidence.’
- ‘We also had the opportunity to discuss the finer points of display and presentation.’
- ‘On Talkback Gardening, local rose expert, Dean Stringer, explained the finer points of pruning a bush rose and a standard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.