One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The more complex or detailed aspects of.‘he went on to discuss the finer points of his work’
- ‘I was discussing the finer points of impeachment, and votes of no confidence.’
- ‘I doubt that he knows the finer points of what's proper or not proper.’
- ‘They hope to bring out a magazine, which will update women about the finer points of combining the microwave and gas-stove cookery.’
- ‘On Talkback Gardening, local rose expert, Dean Stringer, explained the finer points of pruning a bush rose and a standard.’
- ‘Now their only problem might come from itinerant lawyers wanting to discuss the finer points of local corporate law.’
- ‘He had to know the finer points of how to get a web site noticed.’
- ‘More than 20 people learned the finer points of photography on a Greenough river cruise yesterday.’
- ‘After all, the finer points of fiscal autonomy are not generally discussed down the local bar.’
- ‘We also had the opportunity to discuss the finer points of display and presentation.’
- ‘When he asks why she is in therapy, she blithely professes ignorance and discusses the finer points of gourmet cooking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.