One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The time after midnight and before dawn.‘the bar stays open until the early hours’
- ‘Three more city centre night spots in York could soon open until the early hours every day of the week.’
- ‘He set off in the early hours of one morning and finished in the small hours of the next.’
- ‘The first person arrived shortly before midnight, and others came in the early hours.’
- ‘The seaside town was more than 70 miles away and they did not arrive until the early hours.’
- ‘You were expected to party until the early hours and then be up first thing in the morning to sort out any problems.’
- ‘That is the nature of the game and it tends to go on into the early hours.’
- ‘That evening a dance was held which did not finish until the early hours of the morning.’
- ‘He rang back again two hours later, which was in the early hours of the morning over there.’
- ‘The ripples of celebration spread across Japan and lasted until the early hours.’
- ‘They complained of noise nuisance until the early hours of the morning and of litter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.