One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The time after midnight and before dawn.‘the bar stays open until the early hours’
- ‘He set off in the early hours of one morning and finished in the small hours of the next.’
- ‘The ripples of celebration spread across Japan and lasted until the early hours.’
- ‘He rang back again two hours later, which was in the early hours of the morning over there.’
- ‘They complained of noise nuisance until the early hours of the morning and of litter.’
- ‘You were expected to party until the early hours and then be up first thing in the morning to sort out any problems.’
- ‘The seaside town was more than 70 miles away and they did not arrive until the early hours.’
- ‘That evening a dance was held which did not finish until the early hours of the morning.’
- ‘Three more city centre night spots in York could soon open until the early hours every day of the week.’
- ‘That is the nature of the game and it tends to go on into the early hours.’
- ‘The first person arrived shortly before midnight, and others came in the early hours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.