One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The person who takes the earliest opportunity to do something will gain the advantage over others.
- ‘The early bird catches the worm in my game, so I have to be up and about no matter what day it is.’
- ‘As my Mom always says, the early bird catches the worm.’
- ‘As my father always used to say, the early bird catches the worm and surprises the IRS spies.’
- ‘Baxter wanted to prove that the early bird catches the worm, or in this case, Tony's finger.’
- ‘As is usually the case with property investment opportunities, the early bird catches the worm.’
- ‘We all know that the early bird catches the worm.’
- ‘The experience of Australia is that the early bird gets the worm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.