One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is not surprising, given this picture, that economics became known as the dismal science, since the only equilibrium situation was one of subsistence wages.’
- ‘Well, she obviously doesn't believe that economics is the dismal science.’
- ‘Smith did not just found the dismal science (economics); he also helped to pioneer the sentimental science (the psychology of emotion).’
- ‘Is it any wonder economics is called the dismal science?’
- ‘This is one of the dismal things about the dismal science of economics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.