One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The very best of a particular group of people or things.‘the researchers and institutions in this network are the cream of the crop’
- ‘However, it is important to only rehire the cream of the crop!’
- ‘The cast may not be the cream of the crop.’
- ‘He seemed the cream of the crop, loads of experience!’
- ‘I'm pleased to have heard from the cream of the crop.’
- ‘In sports, the cream of the crop is skimmed at each level.’
- ‘The cream of the crop are well represented on the recently released 25th anniversary set, a double-disc effort comprising 41 tracks.’
- ‘The cream of the crop was selected to play for the national team.’
- ‘We're going to be looking at the top banana, the big kahuna, the cream of the crop.’
- ‘We've sifted through the newest influx of items to find the cream of the crop.’
- ‘Inbound tourist operators are the first to admit their jobs are the cream of the crop.’
- ‘Due to a cream of the crop matching service finding games is a cinch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.