One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The very best of a particular group of people or things.‘the researchers and institutions in this network are the cream of the crop’
- ‘He seemed the cream of the crop, loads of experience!’
- ‘The cream of the crop are well represented on the recently released 25th anniversary set, a double-disc effort comprising 41 tracks.’
- ‘The cream of the crop was selected to play for the national team.’
- ‘In sports, the cream of the crop is skimmed at each level.’
- ‘Due to a cream of the crop matching service finding games is a cinch.’
- ‘However, it is important to only rehire the cream of the crop!’
- ‘We're going to be looking at the top banana, the big kahuna, the cream of the crop.’
- ‘We've sifted through the newest influx of items to find the cream of the crop.’
- ‘I'm pleased to have heard from the cream of the crop.’
- ‘The cast may not be the cream of the crop.’
- ‘Inbound tourist operators are the first to admit their jobs are the cream of the crop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.