One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In today's world of professional football, the phrase 'the beautiful game' is unhelpful.’
- ‘What separates Brazil from the rest of the world is their attitude to the beautiful game.’
- ‘Has there ever been a better set piece taker in the history of the beautiful game?’
- ‘I am a massive fan of the beautiful game.’
- ‘Last week we delved into the world of classical music composers who had been inspired by the beautiful game.’
- ‘Even the satirical cartoon show "The Simpsons" has dissed the beautiful game.’
- ‘Here we name the ugliest footballers ever to grace the beautiful game.’
- ‘Sometimes the all-consuming nature of football can force men who really made a difference to the beautiful game to be forgotten.’
- ‘Talking of football, the demise of Brazil continues to perplex lovers of the beautiful game.’
- ‘Docherty couldn't have asked for a better stage to be introduced to the beautiful game.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.