One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She hunted up thaumaturgists in savage and semi-civilised countries, not to read their (non-existent) books, but to learn practical psychology.’
- ‘To disciples and outsiders, the Neo-Platonic masters often appeared as hierophants and thaumaturgists, as much as great philosophers.’
- ‘At that time they were the only two known thaumaturgists living in Atlanta.’
- ‘She became the friend not only of More and William Penn, but of Jan Baptist van Helmont and Valentine Greatrakes, mystical thaumaturgists of the 17th century.’
- ‘A plant of true arcane power, mandrake has been used in a multitude of ways by witches, magicians and thaumaturgists for eons to many, many vastly different ends.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.