One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Stephen is a thatcher by trade and is busy maintaining an ancient art which was handed down over the generations.’
- ‘Across Yorkshire as a whole, 155 additional construction workers are needed with the necessary skills to maintain historic buildings - 48 carpenters, 45 slate and tile roofers, 36 stonemasons and 26 thatchers.’
- ‘They supplied their own thatch from barley grown on the island and the thatcher would stay on the island till the job was done.’
- ‘He was a thatcher and thatched roofs in the white suburbs of Johannesburg.’
- ‘Demonstrations by rural craftsmen will feature the work of the thatcher, stone mason, wheelwright, blacksmith, bodger, cooper, cane and rush weaver and stick maker.’
- ‘It all began when she met another thatcher in Limerick in the early 1990s when she began to help him with his work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.