One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It all began when she met another thatcher in Limerick in the early 1990s when she began to help him with his work.’
- ‘Across Yorkshire as a whole, 155 additional construction workers are needed with the necessary skills to maintain historic buildings - 48 carpenters, 45 slate and tile roofers, 36 stonemasons and 26 thatchers.’
- ‘Stephen is a thatcher by trade and is busy maintaining an ancient art which was handed down over the generations.’
- ‘They supplied their own thatch from barley grown on the island and the thatcher would stay on the island till the job was done.’
- ‘Demonstrations by rural craftsmen will feature the work of the thatcher, stone mason, wheelwright, blacksmith, bodger, cooper, cane and rush weaver and stick maker.’
- ‘He was a thatcher and thatched roofs in the white suburbs of Johannesburg.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.