One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One is in the same position or holds the same opinion as the previous speaker.‘‘I haven't a clue!’ ‘That makes two of us.’’
- ‘‘Hmm… Then that makes two of us, Belle,’ David said, after tasting his own drink.’
- ‘Hey, that makes two of us.’
- ‘‘Then that makes two of us,’ he stated, ‘Much as I love making words, I hate looking at the dictionary, I get so easily captivated by words that I lose myself.’’
- ‘I guess that makes two of us who don't know the meaning of the word.’
- ‘‘Good - that makes two of us,’ LJ answered, smiling cheekily.’
- ‘‘Well that makes two of us,’ James said in a low voice, the finality of his tone chilling Adaela to the bone.’
- ‘Well, that makes two of us, if the truth be known!’
- ‘‘Well that makes two of us… ‘Abby said as she stepped back over to Lindsey.’’
- ‘‘Good, that makes two of us,’ he says lightly, and uses her elbow to steer her around to him.’
- ‘Well, that makes two of us then-I also have Elsa to thank for our meeting, which must have taken place about the same times as yours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.