One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
There is nothing more to do or say about the matter.
- ‘I'm just taking the lime they gave me, and that's that.’
- ‘They want private accounts, big benefit cuts, and massive borrowing to finance the transition costs, and that's that.’
- ‘To be perfectly honest to himself… he missed her and that's that.’
- ‘We're doing this because we were ordered to and that's that!’
- ‘I have known this gentleman for many years and have always accepted the fact that his success has come through sheer hard work - and that's that!’
- ‘You bake them and you make a transfer, and that's that.’
- ‘They do a blood test, say my thyroid's normal and that's that.’
- ‘You can't just throw out your cigarettes one day, wipe your hands and say that's that.’
- ‘I have developed certain habits and that's that.’
- ‘When needed, the marines gather together enough battalions and brigades to form a division and that's that.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.