One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
There is nothing more to do or say about the matter.
- ‘We're doing this because we were ordered to and that's that!’
- ‘I have developed certain habits and that's that.’
- ‘To be perfectly honest to himself… he missed her and that's that.’
- ‘You bake them and you make a transfer, and that's that.’
- ‘I'm just taking the lime they gave me, and that's that.’
- ‘You can't just throw out your cigarettes one day, wipe your hands and say that's that.’
- ‘They do a blood test, say my thyroid's normal and that's that.’
- ‘I have known this gentleman for many years and have always accepted the fact that his success has come through sheer hard work - and that's that!’
- ‘When needed, the marines gather together enough battalions and brigades to form a division and that's that.’
- ‘They want private accounts, big benefit cuts, and massive borrowing to finance the transition costs, and that's that.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.