One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used as an expression of encouragement or admiration.‘Papa beamed, "That's my boy!"’‘Thorn gave me an approving look. "That's my girl!"’
- ‘Mother smiled a wry smile as she bounced around in the coach, and said to him, "That's my boy!"’
- ‘He was at every one cheering me on, saying "That's my boy!"’
- ‘When I announced that I'd be bringing a Provençal salt cod tart, Kate responded with resounding approval - that's my girl!’
- ‘A voice from overhead was heard saying, 'That's my boy!'!’
- ‘There were some other people around looking at us; Tyrone just said that's my boy!’
- ‘Parents always push kids into sports, so they can crow "that's my boy!"’
- ‘Look at him, that's my boy!’
- ‘I thought, "that's my boy! "’
- ‘Tall, lean, all in black, that's my boy!’
- ‘Papa beamed, "That's my boy!"’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.