One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His estimate of the duties of the individual as against the dangers and thanklessness of public life is in its way a true monument of the age.’
- ‘Most umpires recognise the thanklessness of their task and live in the knowledge that they will often be judged by their mistakes rather than successes.’
- ‘I saw my mum's health suffer from stress-related conditions and the thanklessness of the work.’
- ‘Yet the physical exertions and risks of bodily harm that I incurred in my various summer employments never grated as much as what I considered the thanklessness of my temporary vocations.’
- ‘He describes the thanklessness and insecurity of the job, and the rivalries inside and outside newspaper offices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.