One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A catchphrase used as a farewell.‘see you tomorrow and thank your mother for the rabbits’
- ‘Nana would shout a friendly ‘Bye!‘ and then utter, under her breath, ‘and thank your mother for the rabbits!’’
- ‘Thanks for the lift and thank your mother for the rabbits.’
- ‘Once the specifications have been read or the bike test ridden, game over; thank your mother for the rabbits and we'll see you in a couple of months for a complimentary service.’
- ‘I'm out of here, thank you boys, and thank your mother for the rabbits.’
- ‘I held onto the position for so many years and then was turfed out without so much as a 'Thank your mother for the rabbits'.’
- ‘Bon voyage and thank your mother for the rabbits!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.