One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A catchphrase used as a farewell.‘see you tomorrow and thank your mother for the rabbits’
- ‘Thanks for the lift and thank your mother for the rabbits.’
- ‘I'm out of here, thank you boys, and thank your mother for the rabbits.’
- ‘Bon voyage and thank your mother for the rabbits!’
- ‘Once the specifications have been read or the bike test ridden, game over; thank your mother for the rabbits and we'll see you in a couple of months for a complimentary service.’
- ‘I held onto the position for so many years and then was turfed out without so much as a 'Thank your mother for the rabbits'.’
- ‘Nana would shout a friendly ‘Bye!‘ and then utter, under her breath, ‘and thank your mother for the rabbits!’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.