One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A traditional Thai martial art in which the fists, elbows, knees, and bare feet may all be used to deliver blows.
- ‘In addition to soccer, two of the most popular sports among French youth in the banlieue are basketball and Thai boxing.’
- ‘Besides the sunset, the guests will also be treated to Thai boxing and Thai dancing shows during dinner.’
- ‘I train in Thai boxing six days a week - so a lot of dedication is necessary.’
- ‘These two very talented 13 year olds put on a fantastic display of Thai boxing with spectacular jumping kicks and dynamic punch/knee combinations.’
- ‘The show featured many famous Thai artists and shows such Muay Thai boxing, student bands and traditional Thai theater.’
- ‘A former pupil at Fearns High School, Bacup, he was well known for participating in kick boxing, Thai boxing and karate competitions.’
- ‘The cultural performances will include Thai handicraft making, Thai cooking and Thai boxing.’
- ‘The boxers thrilled the crowd with their expertise in the unique characteristics of Thai boxing.’
- ‘Later that evening, the Thai House Restaurant hosted a dinner party for the players and treated them to a show of Thai boxing and traditional entertainment.’
- ‘Later in the evening a dinner party at the Ruen Thai Restaurant will welcome the players with Thai boxing and traditional entertainment.’
- ‘Even the ladies said they liked Thai boxing because it is so unique.’
- ‘Thai boxing, where absolutely anything seems to go, is a national sport.’
- ‘Isn't it Thai boxing where anything goes - brutal kicks and elbows to the head?’
- ‘In addition to all that fine food, there will be demonstrations of Thai handicraft making, Thai cooking lessons, muay Thai (Thai boxing) and other cultural events.’
- ‘Originally, we just wanted people in Thailand to be able to see Muay Thai boxing and to see it as a part of our tradition and culture.’
- ‘Special shows featured ancient and modern Thai boxing.’
- ‘Ramsay's conversion to Thai boxing came when he spotted someone in the university sports hall practising on a punch bag.’
- ‘Luckily, his training in Thai boxing gave him the confidence to fight the men off.’
- ‘In spite of this apparent degree of laxity, Thai boxing is a very skillful sport.’
- ‘Thai boxing is quite an aggressive combat sport, but with kempo there's more emphasis on evasion and self-defence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.