One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The representation or use of texture, especially in music, fine art, and interior design.
- ‘Bangalore designer Deepika cast a spell of summer evening lines, stuff you would call unique for their texturing, perforation of fabrics, and dextrous pattern-making.’
- ‘After the texturing, painting is the final touch.’
- ‘Because of its uniformity and greatly increased speed, most texturing today is done by machine.’
- ‘The several paintings titled Night Sky are swatches of impenetrable black texturing.’
- ‘For the Web, the images needed to look more like final products, so texturing was used to simulate the fleece look.’
- ‘The thin kind was great for fine detail, but the heavy foil really picked up nice texturing on the walls.’
- ‘If some texturing is desired, different effects can be achieved by applying texture to the cavity of the mold itself.’
- ‘A recent entrant on the pret fashion scene, Akiva, dwells on colours, embroideries as well as deceptively simple texturing and layering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.