Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A type of protein obtained from soya beans and made to resemble minced meat.
- ‘TVP, or textured vegetable protein, is widely available in many prepared foods.’
- ‘I totally agree with Kaayla T. Daniel's assessment of highly processed, chemically derived, modern soy products such as isolates, concentrates, textured vegetable protein, soy supplements, protein shakes, and the like.’
- ‘According to the press release, ‘PCRM recommends that school lunch programs replace beef with soy, textured vegetable protein, and beans in menu items to assure that children in our schools have safe, healthy and tasty menu choices.’’
- ‘If there are enough requests or an entire group requests a vegetarian alternative, prepare some textured vegetable protein meatballs or a TVP sauce.’
- ‘It was a thing with candy bars and cheese and textured vegetable protein.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.